1. replaced front sway bar/struts (2 reports)
2003 Dodge Caravan suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Caravan:

2003 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Feb 152010

Caravan 3.3L

Ok. see my other post at this link (

So on top of all the work (rack and pinion, power steering pump x2, power steering reservoir, brake master cylinder, starter) ALL WITHIN less than 12 months... I have had to replace sway bar links/bushings, have new tires rebalanced x2 and found that noise has returned in my steering wheel and turns.

These latest rash of problems are: strut bearing, possible coil spring and strut work, also suspect power steering rack and pinion is again on the fritz (thankfully part is still under warranty as was only replaced 3 months ago), have 1 confirmed and possibly 2 wheel bearings going (had one done about a yr ago) and my van just happens to be one of the ones covered under the tech service bulletin for the power steering cooler and cooler lines (which are back ordered and may be a year until I get one)!

Unbelievable... I give up. Dodge is the worst vehicle I have ever seen for repairs. Master cylinder & starter (over 400 parts alone) rack and pinion (over 500 parts only) steering pump (over 100 part only). steering cooler/lines (will be over 100)

not to mention struts, springs, etc. .. thankfully the sway bar was stable enough that I only had to replace the links/bushings. It seems I fix one thing and another happens. I also get a lot of thudding/jerking on shifts and suspect I am in early development of a tranny problem.

Spread the word ... DONT BUY A DODGE!!! BIGGEST SCAM EVER IS DODGE CORPORATION... and they are getting away with it... TOTAL BULLSHIT they can sell vehicles with crappy quality, short parts life span and KNOWN SAFETY DEFECTS! At least Toyota finally recalled their problems.

- , London, Ontario, Canada

Nov 282006

Caravan Sport 3.3L

This car has been nothing but problems for me.

- , Saint Paul, MN, USA