2003 Dodge Caravan windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Caravan:

2003 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Feb 142010

Caravan ES V6

click to see larger images

window exploded window exploded window exploded window exploded

Riding down the highway this morning to visit my Mother in Law for Valentines Day, and suddenly there was a loud noise, looked back and my drivers side rear window had exploded. We thought we had been shot at, or a rock had been chunked. We immediately pulled over and checked. Nothing...had caused the window to explode! It had just exploded! Thank God my children were in the middle seats, glass went every where inside the car! The temp outside was 30. Needless to say we had to turn around and come home. My car is not under warranty anymore, so I am not sure how this can be handled. Anyone have a similar experience with the Dodge Grand Caravan? If so how was it handled. Did you have to pay out of pocket, or did Dodge step up???

- , Acworth, GA, USA