2.1

2007 Dodge Caravan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caravan:

2007 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Aug 092016

Caravan

Engine light came on and the van stalled out.

- South Amboy, NJ, USA

May 232016

Caravan

Vehicle hesitates and stalls immediately after a complete fill-up. This could cause a dangerous condition in heavy traffic. Similar symptoms to a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country I had which was recalled for a defective fuel tank sensor.

- Xenia, OH, USA

Aug 152007

Caravan 4-cyl

Vehicle would stall after every fuel fill up at stop lights or slowing down to park.now vehicle stalls at highway speeds and loses all power.I brought it back to Dodge dealer when it was new and they said there was nothing wrong.now after doing research online people are having there fuel tanks replaced because of a roll over valve that's a permanent part of the fuel tank.after each fill the roll over cuts fuel off from the fuel pump causing the car to stall.the dealer wants almost $1200 dollars for the part plus $500 dollars labor.this problem has been going on with other Dodge vehicle's having the same problem and they were recalled and fuel tanks replaced.I feel that this is a very serious issue that should be addressed. Thank you

- San Tan Valley, AZ, USA

Feb 132013

Caravan 6-cyl

Van sputters/stalls after refueling.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Dec 152014

Caravan 6-cyl

Everytime we fill up the car it stalls and dies when you drive away. The problem only happens when you fill up the car. The scariest time it cut out and stalled we had just filled up. We were at a stoplight turning left. You have to yield to the oncoming traffic (which has the right of way) which is traveling 55 mph. We pulled out to turn left the car died. And the oncoming traffic had to lock up there brakes and swerve to avoid hitting my family and I. we have been filling only half way up in gas tank around town. Which is really annoying. We just took a road trip and it was necessary to fill up all the way to make sure we had enough gas in between towns. We would have to get gas only were we could easily hop on and off the freeway. It would die as we pull out of the gas station. I would restart and drive away. It would than be fine on freeway. Once up to speed. This is a huge safety issue for obvious reasons. I hope that someone will figure out the root cause of this issue and no one gets injured from it. I called Dodge who said they had no reported issues of this problem. Please get to the bottom of this asap before someone gets hurt.

- Auburn, CA, USA

Nov 302014

Caravan 6-cyl

I pulled into the gas station and filled up the fuel tank. Tried to start the Dodge Grand Caravan and it didn't even try to start. I just put in a new battery before the trip, so I had plenty of electrical power, it was acting like it would if you left it in the drive position. Put it in neutral, same effect, back into park, no luck. Pushed it out of the gas pump area, tried again, no spark. I had to have it towed to the service station.

- White House, TN, USA

Aug 172013

Caravan

Vehicle sputters and stalls after filling tank with gas. This only happens when filling the tank full. It happens so frequently that we only fill up at gas stations that are off of side streets. That way when it stalls it's not in a main intersection. My mechanic said he has to replace the whole tank to fix the problem and said it's quite common. It's roughly $1000 in part's and labor.

- Shelby Township, MI, USA

May 272014

Caravan 6-cyl

Car stalls after refueling. Stalling mainly occurs when tank is near empty and tank is completely filled.

- Hanover, MA, USA

Apr 122012

Caravan 6-cyl

Gas leak by gas tank, and further up fuel line.

- Laughlin, NV, USA