2010 Dodge Challenger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Challenger:

2010 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Jul 242016

Gas tank started to emit vapor and leak fuel from passenger side after fueling. At 3/4 of a tank this is visible fuel spot beneath the vehicle. This leak is close to the exhaust pipes.

- Sahuarita, AZ, USA

Jun 162016

Upon starting to accelerate from a stoplight the car suddenly accelerated on its own & the brakes would not work. Their was a vehicle stopped at the next intersection (4 way stop). To avoid hitting them I went to the right of the stop sign. There was just enough room in between the stop sign & a telephone pole. I had shifted the car to neutral, & finally got it stopped in front of a house. I was very shaken up by this & called my husband. He said he would be there asap. A man came out of the house & asked me was I ok. I told him what happened & let him know my husband was on the way. When my husband got there, he got me calmed down & said he was going to try to drive it cautiously to the dealer. I followed him in his car (Toyota) & we made it to the dealer without any other incident. We called Chrysler corporation & they opened up a case file (29522357) trying to get information from Chrysler, my husband left multiple messages for them to get the status on this. He finally got them & they said they couldn't duplicate the problem & they were closing the case. I was charged $130 from the dealer for diagnostic test. Now I have a car that I am afraid to drive & can't conscientiously sell it to someone else.

- Baytown, TX, USA

Mar 262016

I was driving my car in traffc and the car just shut down and it would not crank up, I had to have it towed, because the gas pedal is not pumping gas into tthe car.and the key gets stuck in the ignition. Chrysler says its the acc pedal sensor

- Henderson, NC, USA

Apr 302015

It was observed that a gas smell was noticed while in my car when parked in the garage and threw out my vehicle cabin. After a day or so I called the Dodge dealership and requested to bring it in due to a strong gas vapor smell coming from my vehicle. They acted very unconcerned and said no appointment was available until the following week. Same day I took my care to a service shop and asked them to run a diagnostics check to locate the smell. After a hour the service repair man located and found that my right rear fuel module was leaking gas underneath my right passenger rear back seat. Immediately I called back to the Dodge dealership and explained the health hazard of driving around in a car bomb. At that point I was requested to bring my vehicle into the dealership. Come to find out that the problem was caused by the fuel tank itself. The new plastic gas tanks they use sometimes shift from over ex-poser to the weather elements and broke the seal of the O - ring to the fuel module that is connected to my gas tank. The service manager explained that it was a common issue with the new gas tanks and they will have to replace my gas tank and fuel module to fix the defect.

- Hockley , TX, USA

Mar 012013

Challenger 6-cyl

Etc light flashes constantly and the car doesn't respond to the gas pedal very well. I've researched the issue and many complain there is no right fix other than replacing the etc.

- Anaheim, CA, USA