4.1

2010 Dodge Challenger suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Challenger:

2010 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Mar 082016

Challenger

Rear cradle bushing failed. Recognized by mechanic who was tasked with installing a larger rear sway bar. Other examples of this have been discussed on the Challenger forums-some catastrophic(the entire cradle coming off, destroying the whole underside of the back half of the car. It's disconcerting as my car was never driven "hard" or recklessly. It has 45,000 miles on it in 5 years and is a daily driver. I hope others come forward, but, the cradle bushings should be part of every inspection when servicing the car.

- Victoria, WA, USA

Dec 082015

Challenger

I was going down I-81 North at 11:30 pm temp was 43 and dry I had the cruise set at 70 mph and the car was shaking real bad it started jumping and then the car revved to 5000 RPM and stopped pulling I put the car in neutral and coasted to try to get off the highway was able to get to the gardrail at the 124.7 mm and sit there the car would not sit in park it would roll backwards so I applied the parking brake until wrecker arrived, I have gotten my car assessed at berglund Dodge in roanoke va the problem was the pinion nut has backed off and because of the rate of speed the pinion yoke has been destroyed.it is going to be a $650 repair I called Dodge and the warranty ran out on my car on June 22,2015 this car only has 31,152 miles on it and thought they may fix the problem because there has been several recalls about the pinion nuts backing off the car hasn't been driven because of the shortage of the air bags not available to be replaced and I'm somewhat scared to drive it and the thoughts of being hit on the side of the highway was some uneasy.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Feb 252013

Challenger

There was no accident, but I had to have all four rotors replaced at the same time, then came the loud clunk in the front end of car, took it in to have it checked out, they said it was the tie rods, so they were replaced, not long after that another rattle from front end started, took it in again, they said it was the sway bars, so they replaced them, and about a week later the clunk was back, same clunk as the first one. This wasn't making the clunk until they G replaced the sway bars. I took it back to the dealer, now they are telling me the upper ball joints are bad, so here goes another 3 or 4 hundred dollars. This shouldn't be going out in this car. Could you please tell me why?

- Rochester, IN, USA

Mar 232013

Challenger

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that while accelerating from a complete stop, the rear suspension failed and detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was confirmed that the suspension had failed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 37,088. The VIN was not available.

- Salisbury, NC, USA