2012 Dodge Challenger body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Challenger:

2012 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Jan 102015

Challenger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that while driving at 20 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the alternator failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V634000 (electrical system) and 16V352000 (air bags) however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Meraux, LA, USA

Oct 102015

Challenger

Involved in a head on collision, the others drive was on our side of the road and hit us head on, the air bags didn't deploy and sent me into the dash board along with the driver, I sustained severe whiplash and so did the driver we were transported to the hospital by ambulance and I am now J sergio G physical therapy due to the airbags not deploying, the car was involve in another accident weeks later where the car was hit twice intentionally and the air bags didn't deploy then either.

- Alviso, CA, USA

Nov 202014

Challenger 8-cyl

Once vehicle is parked and completely shut down. Driver's side window constantly rolls up and down until battery is drained. It only rolls down approximately a quarter of and inch. Completely drained and destroyed a battery and now its working on the second battery.

- Austin, AR, USA

Feb 122014

Challenger

I was making a left turn from "stop light" at 10 mph when I pressed the throttle just a little to proceed with a safe turn, the car started accelerating quickly and I lost control of the car and end up hitting the light pole. But before all that my buddy who happens to be a certified "Nissan" mechanic have noticed that there was a weird noise on the engine. So yeah, this what happened with 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT.( I apologize for spelling and grammar ).P.S. the insurance company is refusing to pay for the damage unfortunately.

- San Diego, CA, USA