2012 Dodge Challenger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Challenger:

2012 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Jul 022016

Challenger

I just bought my car 7 months ago from locklear. Current mileage on it is about 43,000 which puts me right outside my warranty. I haven't had any problems with it until recently. I noticed when I would unbuckle my seat belt that it would tend to get stuck in the buckle. A few days later I'm leaving my house to drive to town and my seat belt wouldn't click into the buckle no matter how hard I tried. I check out the buckle and apparently the piece inside of it broke and now I can't buckle my seat belt at all! this is a huge safety concern because I always wear my seat belt in case of an accident and it's a costly ticket if I get pulled over. I called my dealer and they say the cost of just the buckle alone was 200 and the labor would be expensive too because it will take more work to take the seat completely out. Total is nearly 350 just to replace a buckle! unfortunately I don't have that kinda money to spend so I can't get my buckle fixed or wear a seatbelt :(

- Coker, AL, USA

Jul 222014

Challenger

The contact owns 2012 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph and braking at a stop light, the driver's seat moved forward independently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 36,700.

- Neosho, MI, USA

May 012013

Challenger 6-cyl

I received a seat wiring harness connectors recall notice ln May 2013, I called and also stopped at my dealer.dealer tellzs me over N over that they are waiting for parts, from Corp. Over a month of waiting still no parts to fix the recall on my 2012 Dodge Challenger, notification code N07. The dealer I bought my car at is lester glenn Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, and Jeep @ rt. 37W. Toms river, NJ 08753 (732-557-60970 I would appreciate it if you would send the parts needed for the recall asap. So I can feel safe driving my 2012 Dodge Challenger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not happy :(

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Jan 192013

Challenger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, he crashed into another vehicle and the seat belts did not engage. As a result, the contact's face struck the steering wheel and caused the contact to sustain a fractured nose. In addition, the air bags failed to deploy. The contact was transported to the hospital for treatment of injuries. The contact did not call the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 7,000.

- Amite, LA, USA