4.1

2013 Dodge Challenger drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Challenger:

2013 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Aug 292016

Challenger

At first the car wouldn't start sof I had to.pump the brakes and force it to start up. Then I get it the vehicle and it is going nuts the lights are check engine light. It goes from full to empty and it's says the tcm is out or needs service

- Fontana, CA, USA

Nov 032015

Challenger

About 25% of the time, while driving on a city street at 40 mph and gradually pressing the accelerator to begin a climb up a slight hill, the engine RPM and vehicle speed will not increase, and the vehicle will continue to run at 40 mph with accelerator position increasing from 10% to 80%. during this throttle response failure, the auto stick shift was used to downshift from 4th to 3rd gear, the evic display changed to 3rd gear but and transmission remained in 4th. After 8 seconds of throttle delay (timing may vary), the vehicle will down shift and accelerate. This unpredictable throttle response has a potential of causing an accident if this throttle response failure occurs during a situation of passing or avoiding another vehicle. I have brought the vehicle back to the Dodge dealer on Nov 2015 and Apr 2016, and they took it for a test drive and concluded that the vehicle is fine. They could not repeat the failure and told me everything is normal. Dodge will not, or cannot fix the root cause of this throttle response failure.

- North St Paul, MN, USA

Sep 062015

Challenger

I was driving normal speed at 60 when I proceeded to get over I push the gas a little bit the car RPM when high but the car did not speed up I looked at the dash the check engine light came on I took it to have it scanned at advance auto and auto zone they both gave me the same code of P0741 that is a transmission code I drive my car daily to work and home the check engine light stays on 2 days then go off for one day then back on if U accelerate then release the pedal it make a hard jerk from the rear end this is not the first problem I had I bought the car brand new in March 2013 and the window switch went out and 2 months ago the ac control went out and now this transmission problem not only that my fiance Jeep is 2014 with 29000 miles on it and the heated seats not working or the heat and don jackson in union city ga has horrible customer service that been trying to get parts for 2 months for the Jeep to someone that is paying 1100 a month in car payments from Dodge I should be treated respectfully

- Hampton, GA, USA

Jan 032015

Challenger 6-cyl

I was driving down the road at 50 miles per hour when my car suddenly died. I figured it was due to the alternator recall. After getting the car to the dealership they are saying there is water in the intake and I must have driven through high water. This car has never been through high water. I have read online that this has happened to other 2013 Dodge Challengers. This seems to be an ongoing issue. It could have caused a major accident. How can water get into a motor for no reason and cause it to die as you are driving" if you drive when it is raining or if you hit a puddle on the blacktop it is going to cause your car to just die" if wasn't raining when it happened to mine and there was no water on the road but it had rained earlier in the day maybe 4 hours prior to the car dying.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Mar 252014

Challenger 6-cyl

Was travelling on the freeway at about 55 to 60 mph, began to gently accelerate to pass car going in same direction on freeway. Suddenly the engine RPM increased rapidly, but car did not speed up, then suddenly it appeared to slam into gear. Person travelling in passenger seat began to look all around as he thought we had been hit. Again, this does not occur with pedal to the floor acceleration, just normal driving. Car has done this many times before, it slams back into gear so hard it stalls the engine. Once in a curve it caused the vehicle to spin out.. I have taken it to dealer twice before but was not able to demonstrate the problem. On last visit I took transmission guy from dealer with me and was able to get the vehicle to do a slight version of what it does at highway speeds. He stated that he wanted to check the K2 valve. He told me that he had 5 vehicles that he had found problems with the seals. Car is currently in the dealer having this checked.

- Lake Stevens, WA, USA