3.4

2013 Dodge Challenger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Challenger:

2013 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Oct 012014

Challenger

The car leak gas if I put more than $10 in it..

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 292013

Challenger 8-cyl

Since the vehicle was purchased on February 2013, we noticed that the fuel indicator would never show a full tank of gas. It would stop at 3/4. however, when you turn off the engine, especially around a 1/2 of a tank, the gauge would register 1/4 tank. On 4/29/2013, my spouse noticed the check engine light and we decided to take the car to the dealer. The onboard computer showed 68 miles to empty and we needed to travel 30 miles. As soon as we entered the freeway, the car stalled and would not start. It had to be towed to the dealer. Dealer replaced the sending or (ascending) unit. The vehicle only had 1275 miles on the odometer. On 1 May 2013 we picked up the vehicle and my wife drove it home, I followed in a chase vehicle. That night she complained of headaches(not normal for my spouse). The next morning, 2 May 2013, I open the door of the vehicle to place safety seats and was overcome by the noxious fuel fumes. My wife decided to drive the vehicle to work and could not make it there due to the fumes getting worse. She pulled over and had the vehicle towed to the dealership. Their fix was to use odor neutralizer which now renders the vehicle unserviceable. One cannot stand the smell. My spouse fears they care may combust at the first sign of an open flame and is afraid to drive the vehicle. Dealer will not entertain any ideas of checking O-ring seals.

- Orlando, FL, USA