2015 Dodge Challenger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Challenger:

2015 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

Apr 242015

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Challenger. While driving various speeds from a completed stop, the vehicle stalled. A message appeared on the instrument panel to come to a complete stop and to select the appropriate gear. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure could not be duplicated on two separate occasions. The contact stated that the failure occurred five times and the vehicle was taken back to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The dealer gave the contact a data recorder to record issues in the vehicle. The dealer determined that the failure occurred due to a fuel pump. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The contact stated there was video documentation of the failures. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 300.

- Valrico, FL, USA

Sep 302015

On September 30th, I drove home from work which is a 22 mile commute. I arrived at home at approx 8pm and parked my car in the garage. At about 8:40 I heard a loud boom but was unsure where it came from. About 10 or 15 minutes later I heard the fire trucks and a neighbor banging on my door. Black smoke was coming through the locked garage door. The fireman unlocked and opened the door, the engine and structure was on fire. It took about 20 minutes to put it out.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Mar 252015

There has been a R07 recall on the fuel rail on my Challenger hellcat for months.. says its undetectable and must be completed.. says it may leak at any time and could catch fire. My service dealer cannot get me the part.. they claim its a non orderable part.. its a auto replenish. The dealer where I purchased several hundred miles away has a part but will not send or sell it to my service dealer because they wont get a replacement sent unless they use it.. its been several months now and ive put 5000 more miles on my car.. every time I get in I wonder if it will catch fire this time... every time I get behind someone whos car is running rich I think my car is leaking raw fuel and pull over to check.. a potentially dangerous situation. Srt is no help in getting me my part. I now carry a fire extinguisher with me at all times.

- Dushore, PA, USA

Jan 012015

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Challenger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V114000 (engine and engine cooling, fuel system, gasoline); however, the recall part was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Chadtler, AZ, USA

Jun 062015

This is my third complaint to to update the public on my 2015 Dodge Challenger nightmare. I have new and important information. 1: executive Dodge told me it was the valve body of the transmission that was the issue and was looking forward to fixing it for me on 05 15 2015. This is a Friday. On that Monday they consult with the nameless faceless star team and they tell executive Dodge's licensed on site mechanics that my transmission had normal operation. Executive Dodge refuses to work on the car. 2: I call another dealership and the valve body and installation total $1,500 for a 2015 Dodge Challenger valve body, installed. 3:I feel that once executive Dodge diagnosed the vehicle to be faulty they had a duty under the law to fix it regardless of what Dodge stated. They should of stood up for me--. because I bought the car there and there are other issues with the same car same model same year on this web site. 4: Dodge has offered me a $400 payment [one car payment] as an apology for my inconvenience. 5: this web site has failed to update the number of complaints listed against this car. I have made at least 3 and there is at least one other for the same issue. 6: how long can this transmission shuttering and lag and bucking occur before the transmission breaks altogether?

- West Haven, CT, USA