1997 Dodge Dakota brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Dodge Dakota:

1997 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Oct 012014

Dakota Sport 3.9L

I bought a 1997 Dodge Dakota Sport truck, with the 3.9L magnum v6. in Oct. of this year. (2014). Had repairs done to it to pass smog, and the tune up. The back brakes where squeaking and the brake light and the ABS light was on. I put on the back brakes and they squeak like if I was driving a school bus now!! I sent out the drums to go get resurfaced and they still squeak, and both lights are still on! I paid a shop to have them flush my brake system. But still both (the brake and the ABS) lights stay on. I went to the Dodge Dealer, and they told me that I would have to bring it in to them and that it would be $130.00 for them to see it (Just to see it)!!!!

It's sad to know that no matter what we as consumer, is just that to Auto Makers! (CON-SUM-ER)

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA