6.0

1. replace heater core (1 reports)
1998 Dodge Dakota AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Dakota:

1998 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Aug 042008

Dakota SLT V6

I had to get my heater core replaced a few weeks ago. I had the air conditioner off, and there was a bad smelling mist floating out of the vents. Then when I was parked I could see the antifreeze leaking on to the ground. The worst part is, I had just gotten the heater core replaced about 2 years ago because of a bad leak. The first time it cost around $700, the second it cost about $550.

Shortly after the heater core was replaced I noticed my cruise didn't work, my brake lights didn't work, and my dome light wouldn't come on with the switch, but it worked when the door was open. I took the truck back to the same place assuming they had messed something up when they replaced the heater core, but instead they said that the switch for the brake lights was smashed in from use, which was also messing up my cruise. This cost $50 to replace. Then they said they had to replace the whole switch for my headlights/dome light because it had gone bad, this was a $95 hit.

- , Columbia, MO, USA