1. motor flush (1 reports)
1998 Dodge Dakota accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Dakota:

1998 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

May 152009

Dakota SP 3.9L

I really am a boat mechanic, for 25 years. I work with many mechanics. Today, I took my truck for a hard run, wide open, that I rarely do, to get a friend to the airport. On the way back, a ping from the dash and check gauge light alerted me to no oil pressure. The motor sounded OK but decelerated to the next exit. After a restart, good normal pressure, seconds later, none. 5 min wait, started again, drove 5 miles on back streets and again. I really don't like engine flush, as it can create leaks, but I got it with cheap oil and filter. (not my normal approach going cheap) Results were 20 psi more at idle since I purchased the truck 30k ago@ 50k.

I typed this the day it happened, not sure of the ultimate results. Flush might let lose more sludge, but I think it is saved for now. And I'm due! I saved 2 customers 3 engines this week with plugged exhaust. $50K saved! Boats are a different story though. Good luck! PS. I bought the truck as salvage after a hurricane in west Florida, and it has seen 3 in east South Florida since I have owned it, Katrina and Wilma to be more specific. It is dinged up, but tight. I'll give it a good run and follow up.

- , Pompano Beach, FL, USA

Nov 102007

Dakota Sport 3.2L V6

same thing as the rest of u oil gage drops of the chart for no aparent reason how do i fix this. dont say change oil & filter.

- , Jackson, GA, USA