6.0

1. design non-hooked replacement locks (1 reports)
2000 Dodge Dakota miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Dakota:

2000 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Sep 132007

Dakota Quad Cab V8

The manual door locks on my 2000 Dodge Dakota are hooked at the top so is easy for someone with a hanger to slip the hanger under the hook and pull up to unlock and open the door. How do I know....it happened to me. Actually, the thief broke off my radio antenna, bent it, and used it through my partially open window to lift the lock and open the truck door. Once in the radio and some other personal items were taken, not to mention the damage caused by the radio removal. An after-market redesign would be helpful to remove the hook. Maybe I could file off the hook? Anyway, it's a bad design.

- , Bel Air, MD, USA