2001 Dodge Dakota brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Aug 302007

Dakota Dakota Quad Cab V8

Whenever I press on my brakes of my 01 Dakota - it seems that sometimes it doesn't engage and the vehicle does not slow down as quickly as it should. I've had the brake pump and other components of the brake system replaced, including my brakes, and the problem returns within 1000 to 1500 miles. My brake pads are fairly new and now I have grinding and squeaky noises emitting from the front end. I feel its unsafe, and I can't get Dodge to resolve the problem without having to pay hundreds of dollars to fix it each time. Any suggestions?

- , Brentwood, CA, USA