2001 Dodge Dakota brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Jun 252002

I have been to my dealer on two occasions and they have told that the brake pedal location and travel changed with the 2000 year models and that mine is "normal". the problem and my concern is that one can press the brake pedal andinitial position and travel makes it possible to then hit the accelerator pedal at the end of the stroke. This happened to me on several occasions and luckily no accidents or injuries have occurred with me or my vehicle. At my dealer I was told that there were a couple other Dodge models where the same complaint has been made. I know that this is a problem and that there will be accidents because of it. I also fear that because this is a 15-passenger van, it is often used by schools and daycare to Transport lots of small children. I don't even want to think about the catastrophic possibilities of one of these vehicles pulling up to large groups of small children. Please investigate this issue. I would be more than happy to demonstrate the problem for anyone.

- Collierville, TN, USA