1.3

2001 Dodge Dakota miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Dec 032014

Dakota

I was driving in a small neighborhood and I hear a very distinct ticking noise coming from the front passenger side, after I looked at the area I noticed that the exhaust manifold bolts and heat shield were broke. This can cause exhaust fumes to come into the car while driving and should be taken care of.

- Melville, NY, USA

Mar 192015

Dakota

I was driving down the road and while my heat was on and I lost two fan speeds, after further inspection I found my resistor was melted, and so were two wires. Now I currently lost another speed and have only level 2 for heat and air conditioning.

- Melville, NY, USA

Dec 192003

Dakota 6-cyl

On December 19, I was getting my tires rotated on my 2001 Dodge Dakota quad cab 2wd at my local mechanic. Having heard about the ball joint issue the night before on the news, I had him check my ball joints to see if they were any good. He said "don't take any left turns!" I immediately called my dealer because I only have 35,000 miles on the truck. On Tuesday December 23, 2003, my local Dodge dealership replaced the upper right ball joint.

- Vernon, CT, USA