2001 Dodge Dakota steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Jan 102002

Dakota 8-cyl

I have had a crunching type noise in the front end of my truck for almost 2 years, 18 months ago my truck went in for a new heating core to the Dodge dealer and I mentioned it and they said they took a quick look and it was probably my shocks making the noise. It has made the same noise since then and I have not replaced my shocks. I recently took my truck into replace the shocks and the mechanic told me the ball joints are the problem not the shocks. He also told me that this is a huge problem on Dodge Dakotas and it is well known. He said it is bound to fail and could cause death. 2 times iv had the front end drift severly to the right and he said this is the problem>

- Shelton, CT, USA

Dec 192003

Dakota 6-cyl

Wbz, channel 4 in boston, had a report about problem with ball joints on Dodge Dakota's.

- Seekonk, MA, USA