6.0

1. replaced wheel bearing (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Dakota wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Nov 022007

Dakota SLT 5.9L V8

After asking my kid to run along side of the truck to listen for where that squeaking and grinding noise was coming from we (he) determined it was most pronounced on the right side fender-well. Prior to pulling off the wheel and while raised I grabbed the wheel with both hands and shifted it from back to front. It was clear that the wheel bearing was dust. There was so much play in it that it's no wonder I could never get a decent alignment. Of course the pads still had plenty of life, I decided to replace them since I had it off the ground. Replacing the sealed wheel bearing was not a problem and went really quickly with minimal tools. Unfortunately the warranty ended two months prior. Long story short, listen to your truck. I was really worried about all the complaints about that right front wheel locking up. I hope I caught it before it gets to that point..

- , San Jose, CA, USA