8.0

1. cost to much $$$$$$ to get fixed. drive with windows open (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Dakota AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Dakota:

2004 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Jul 092008

Dakota SLT 4.2L V8 Magnum

I bought this vehicle used from a friend who took very good care of the truck. But never again will I buy a Dodge. Not only having transmission problems, but also numerous other things; the air conditioner decides to crap out. I use this Dodge Dakota for mainly fast moving highway trips, not standstill traffic. When I first used the air conditioning it barely blew cold so I got a recharge kit. It said it was only 2.5lbs under the normal pressure so I added the recommend refrigerant (R-135A) to the factory pressure exactly. So it blows cold for a few trips and then starts to blow just cool again. This time the pressure is still at the factory pressure setting. I keep driving on it and basically it's just cool air, just warmer than the vents. It was a big inconvenience for my friends who sat in the backseat because they would bake. So eventually after only about four or five more uses it air conditioner starts making chirping noises and seizes. This problem really sucks because it also effects my windshield defroster. So now I have no air conditioning and no defroster. Why would a four year old air conditioner crap out like this? My Suburbans a/c unit died after 18 years. This just seems like inferior parts on a poorly built truck.

- , Bayonne, NJ, USA

Apr 222005

Dakota Sport

Truck is junk. Only reason I am keeping it for now is because it is paid off.

- , Cheboygan, MI, USA