1. replace differential (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Dakota drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Dakota:

2004 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Feb 182012

Dakota SXT 3.7L V6

Driving on SR 23 to Columbus, OH. Noticed truck wasn't doing right. Pulled over to berm and kept driving at slower speed. Next thing, there was a bang and the backend of the truck raised off the ground, went back down and stopped. Luckily I had slowed down or it would have flipped over. There was no moving the truck after that. Called wrecker. There was no sign of leakage.

When taken out and looked inside, it was all broken up. If that wasn't bad enough, called dealer and they told me it was an experimental rear end. Called the corporate office in Detroit. Lo and behold they couldn't help me either. (In the mean time the guy that had my truck was looking for a rear end for my truck. Could not find parts or one to fit it.) The lady, that I talked to in Detroit, told me a guy in NH might have one to fit my truck. This is after we searched all over the U.S. to find one. Gave his # to my guy. He called and YES he had 1!!!!. Received it in 3 days. 2 days later had my truck back. IT ONLY TOOK 3 MONTHS TO FIND ONE. Hope no one else has to go through the shot I had to go through.

- , Mullins, SC, USA