1. replace cylinder heads (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Dakota engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Dakota:

2004 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Dec 082006

Dakota EXT. CAB 3.7L V6

I have had trouble with this truck since about 3 months after I bought it. First it started with the engine light coming on, then I had to replace 3 oxygen sensors at 60 dollars a peace. It gets better yet. After fixing these sensors, my engine light comes on again with a multi-cylinder misfire. I did every test I could think of electronically. So then I did a leak-down test a I had nothing but air blowing through my intake. I called a master mechanic and I had to bring my heads to him. At 85,000 miles, the heads were junk, the valves, and the valve guides. This is going to cost me almost 1,400 dollars. Has anybody had this problem or similar problems like this before? Please reply.

- , Kingston, MI, USA