2005 Dodge Dakota accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Dakota:

2005 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Jan 242015

Dakota

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Dakota. While driving at 40 mph, the driver side heated seat burned through the seat, which left a burn stain on the contact's clothing. The contact was not injured. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- New Glarus, WI, USA

Feb 272014

Dakota 8-cyl

I turned on my heated seat, as I have done several times this winter. After approximately 15 minutes, I smelled something burning. I reached around the back of me as I was driving because a spot on my back was very heated. I actually stuck my finger through a hole in the seat that had burned through both the seat and my coat. (also my finger, at this point.) I immediately turned the heat off and went directly to the dealership. Their solution was to contact Chrysler's customer claims resolution center, who in turn inspected the vehicle and my coat on March 3, 2014. The next contact I had was a letter dated March 10 that stated, "the inspector found no indication of a manufacturing defect that caused or contributed to the incident..." I subsequently called their general office counsel and was told they would not be doing anything further and I should make a claim to my insurance agent. They refused to answer my questions regarding how many vehicles had similar problems and that there were no "higher ups" that I could contact. Needless to say, I'm not happy with the outcome and would welcome any suggestions you might have for me. Thank you.

- Oxford, MI, USA

Dec 122011

Dakota 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Dakota. The contact stated that the front driver side seat warmer over heated. As a result, the seat warmer burned through the seat and the driver's jeans. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised that the seat warmer malfunctioned and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was no longer under warranty. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 59,000... updated 02/06/12 the consumer stated Chrysler agreed to repair both seats and the consumer would be responsible for $400. The only thing that has not been repaired is the seat bottom, which is on order. Updated 03/21/12

- Wilmington , NC, USA

Jan 062009

Dakota 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Dodge Dakota. While the vehicle was idling for approximately fifteen minutes with the heated seats activated, the contact noticed smoke emanating from her vehicle. Upon further inspection, she noticed that the front driver's side seat was on fire. The vehicle sustained moderate damage. The dealer stated that the heated seat mechanism was defective and caused the failure. The manufacturer sent an investigator to determine the cause of the failure and it was concluded that the component was not defective. In addition, because the vehicle exceeded the warranty, they would not assume responsibility for any repairs. The contact has pictures of the failed incident. The failure and current mileages were 99,000. Updated 03/17/09. Updated 03/17/09.

- Potomac, MD, USA

Oct 282008

Dakota

Drivers side seat(power) heater burnt padding and scorched seat fabric. Vehicle was left idling to warm up. I returned to find smoke coming from seat. I found wiring connector and unplugged heater.

- Redwood, NY, USA

Jan 252008

Dakota 4WD 8-cyl

Driver's side seat heater became too hot and burned holes in the seat and melted by coat.

- Dixon, MO, USA