2.2

2005 Dodge Dakota fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Dakota:

2005 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Oct 102015

Dakota

I try to refuel my truck at the gas pump but the pump kept shutting off. The fuel tank filler valve was not allowing the pump to pump the fuel in properly. There was a recall for the same problem on the 2005 Dodge durango (NHTSA 05V03400) and NHTSA item number: 10051769. I contacted daimler Chrysler an they said that my truck was not on the recall list for that problem.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Nov 222013

Dakota

Driving on highway, ran out of fuel. Fuel gauge and warning light failed. Required considerable effort to get to side of road. Fuel gauge registers tank has fuel when tank is empty. Required state police assistance because of high danger especially with children in vehicle.

- Belmont, MA, USA

Jun 072012

Dakota 8-cyl

I started the vehicle and instantly noticed a strong raw gas smell in the cab. Thinking it just overloaded by not starting it for a month, I waited for the smell to go away, but it didn't. looking through the rear wheel well, I discovered the fuel hose from the top of the gas tank had split and was spewing gasoline all around and under the bed of the truck. Just turning on the key, which starts the fuel pump and pressurizes the fuel line, causes gas to be discharged at a high rate. The truck is in excellent condition, well maintained, and has just 54,000 miles on it. I am glad I didn't drive on the highway with it; the potential for a fire and/or explosion while driving or sitting still at an intersection could case harm to not only myself, but other drivers around me.

- Myersville, MD, USA