2006 Dodge Dakota transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Dakota:

2006 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Nov 012009

The clutch slave cylinder on my 2006 Dakota X-cab 6 speed manual has been replaced 3 times since I have owned it in the past 6 months.. after looking at forums and blogs, I see this is common in standard transmissions for this truck. The part fails much without warning, and has been in city and interstate driving. I live in a rural area, close to the interstate, not a lot of start and stopping. The last time this happened, Sept. Of this year, I was in ct, and in the middle of a city with start and stop traffic, had to shut off my engine at stop lights to stop, then to shift, start again when the light turned green until I could get the vehicle somewhere safe and not cause traffic interruptions or an accident.

- Milton, VT, USA