2008 Dodge Dakota brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Dakota:

2008 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Aug 082010

I was driving East on a two lane road, as I heard a slight pop come from my driver side tire. Suddenly after that pop, their was a slip in the steering and I had noticed that my driver side tire started to lose massive control, thus jerking and locking up the truck in matters of seconds. Luckily drivers behind me were paying attention and swerved out of the way nearly missing the truck. I gained some control and pulled into a near by business. Parked I assessing the situation. It was found that the tie rod had fallen off the connection for know reason at all. The truck is only 3 years old and 51,000 miles, with regular maintenance.

- Mokena, IL, USA