2010 Dodge Dakota electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Dakota:

2010 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Aug 032015

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Dakota. While driving at various speeds, the left turn signal was turned on and the signal switched to the right turn signal without being prompted. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Camas, WA, USA

Jun 032014

Dakota 8-cyl

My 2010 Dodge Dakota 4dr 4X4 has turned off while on am driving down the road. I notified the dealership shortly after I purchased it (purchased used with about 17,000 miles) and they said that nothing showed/they did not find anything wrong. I said ok, and then it happened again and again. It just shuts down, I have my foot on the gas and all of the sudden I am wondering why I'm slowing down when I have my foot on the gas and then notice "O" the truck turned off! lucky the 5-6 times this has happened I have not been on a straight part of the road, it seems to loose power steering and brakes, I am not sure if other electrical things like radio and lights turn off to, I am just concerned with getting to a stop safely to start the truck again. And I put it in park once stopped and it starts right back up. This has happened 5-6 times at least since I have purchased the truck about 2 years ago (maybe 3 yrs ago). I am wondering if this is the same problem that they just discovered in other Dodge vehicles simple to the Chevy ignition recall.

- Madison, CT, USA

Feb 052013

Dakota 6-cyl

Each occurrence happened in rain. While driving approximately 40 mph engine light and lighting bolt illuminated on dash and loss of acceleration same time. Had to pull over when I could and shut down the engine. Once restarted again, acceleration problem went away. Took to dlr ran computer sensor checks but could not duplicate loss of acceleration.

- Chathan, IL, USA