8.1

1. replace pads & rotors (151 reports)
  2. replaced pads & machined rotors (31 reports)
  4. all brakes and rotors had to be replaced (28 reports)
  5. replaced brakes (21 reports)
  6. replace rotors (15 reports)
2009 Dodge Journey brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

2009 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 1 of 16)

Jan 162012

Journey SE 2.4L

At 40000km the brake pedal started pulsing and steering wheel shaking violently. Recently I found out that the brake rotors were warped. I am NOT an aggressive driver, nor do I use brakes excessively. How could this happen ?!!!.

- , Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Nov 032014

Journey SE 2.4L

I would never buy another Dodge product again, I have had my Journey since it was brand new and have replaced the brakes 8 times, 3 times this year alone, out of those times only one was covered as part of the recall. The first time I had to change them the car only had 12,000Km, the second was at 24,000km. I wish I could afford to get a new car but I just finished paying this one off.

- , Ottawa, ON, Canada

May 142010

Journey SXT V6

I have replaced the brakes on my 2009 Dodge Journey four times. The first time, Chrysler reimbursed me for the cost. The other times, I replaced the brakes and rotors at my expense. Additionally, the original tires failed prematurely, and I was unable to find the correct tire size for my vehicle. It appears only one manufacturer produces tires for my vehicle. I am currently on my third set of tires. At 70,000 miles, my engine was replaced. I had a recurring problem with the oil running out of the engine. The oil warning light did not go off. The car was not burning oil or leaking oil.

- , Blue Springs, Missouri, USA

Jul 302014

Journey SXT 3.5L V6

CHANGED PADS AT 31,000 MI. NOW ROTORS ON FRONT NEED REPLACED AT 43,000 MI. WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP? DODGE DOESN'T BELIEVE THERE IS A PROBLEM. WOULD SELL BUT CAN'T AFFORD A CAR PAYMENT. NEVER HAD TO REPLACE PADS AND ROTORS THIS MANY TIMES ON ANY OTHER VEHICLE, EVEN ONES I TOWED 25 FOOT TRAVEL TRAILER WITH.

- , York, PA, USA

Aug 202014

Journey

Yes, I have replaced my brakes and rotors - it seems every 3 months. They are constantly making noises.

- , Madison, TN, USA

Sep 172014

Journey V6

I have put brakes and rotors on this car 3 times in 2 years. I bought it used with 30,000 miles. In 50,000 miles I have put brakes and rotors on three times. I believe this a huge problem that Dodge needs to address. I believe they need to redesign these or warranty the brakes for the lifetime of the car and pay all charges. I have spent more than $1400 just on brakes for this car in two years. For a single mother of two that is a big expense to pay every year. I have owned Dodge/Chrysler for all my adult life and I am questioning ever buying their products again because of this.

- , Hartford, WI, USA

Sep 302010

Journey R/T 3.5L

PREMATURE BRAKE PAD AND ROTOR FAILURE. HAVE TO REPLACE PADS AND ROTORS EVERY 20-24 K MILES. I'M A CONSERVATIVE DRIVER AND HAVE ALWAYS GOTTEN AT LEAST 60K MILES BETWEEN BRAKE SERVICES.

THIS CONSTITUTES A SERIOUS SAFETY HAZARD AND SHOULD BE REDESIGNED AND REPLACED UNDER A RECALL.

- , Concord, NC, USA

Apr 152014

Journey SXT V6

I shouldn't have to change my brakes prematurely because of cheap or faulty equipment. I thought I was paying for good quality.

- , Calipatria, CA, USA

Jun 102012

Journey SXT 3.2L V6

i will never trust a dodge car. the fix for the dodge journey brake problem is a straight one. just provide a new kit that we will be able to get even if i have to pay for it and get rid of the problem.

no one is perfect but i like the ones that admit their mistakes and are ready to assume responsibility not hide behind layers.

this is my last dodge car.

- , pensacola, Fl, USA

Jun 152012

Journey SXT 3.2L V6

i have owned the car since 2009 hand have change the front brakes at least five times and rotors twice and rear brakes and rotor once. i did the work my self was not sure of warranty. changed brakes and rotors last week and now the front end shakes when i step on brakes was told by parts dealer it could be the calipers and i am not the type of driver who rides the brakes or jam the brakes hard. i have been driving for 54 yrs and consider my self a safe driver and cautious and i have only 3 or four tickets in my life and they were my fault for not watching my speed. this the first new car i have ever owned and put my own mileage on it and the first one i have ever had this much brake problems on by the way back in the day you learned how to work on your own cars to save money when raising a large family other than these stupid break problems i love my dodge and always been a dodge fan but if i buy another car it wont be a dodge or crysler

- , Chattanooga, TN, USA

Nov 052009

Journey SXT 3.2L V6

I bought my 2009 Dodge Journey in June 2009. Like most people I was overjoyed and thought it was a great purchase. Chrysler has been a mainstay in our family for five generations and there was no other choice considered. It looked good and ran great we are a traveling family so many miles were highway miles. In December of 2009 I was informed that the brakes and rotors needed replacing .When I questioned the premature replacements it was down played and they tried to convince me it was ruff driving. I replaced needed parts with OEM Mopar parts and less than a year later had to do it again. That is when I switched to AC DELCO parts, no more premature yearly brakes and rotor replacements.

- , Carolstream, IL, USA

Dec 032009

Journey SXT 3.2L V6

I bought my 2009 Dodge Journey in June 2009. Like most people I was overjoyed and thought it was a great purchase. Chrysler has been a mainstay in our family for five generations and there was no other choice considered. It looked good and ran great we are a traveling family so many miles were highway miles. In December of 2009 I was informed that the brakes and rotors needed replacing .When I questioned the premature replacements it was down played and they tried to convince me it was ruff driving. I replaced needed parts with oem mopar parts and less than a year later had to do it again. That is when I switched to AC DELCO parts no more premature yearly brakes and rotor replacements.

- , Carolstream, IL, USA

May 102010

Journey SE 2.4L 4 cyl

On the fifth set of front brake pads, third pair of rotors for front 5/11/10 -- 9/11 -- 3/13 & 5/14. On the second set of rear brake pads second set of rear rotors and one new rear caliper 9/11 & 3/13. Between the brakes and the starting system this car was not engineered worth a hoot. It's only got 86,000 miles on it and those are mostly from my wife driving. No more Chrysler products for us. As soon as we can afford to get rid of this thing we will!

- , Hot Springs, Arkansas, USA

Jun 112014

Journey RT V6

I bought this vehicle 6 months ago. I went into the dealership to get my oil changed and tire rotated. I also asked that they look at the calipers due to smoke coming from my front wheels when I stop after driving down a 7% grade hill. That is when they told me the back brakes and rotors need replaced soon. Are you kidding me. I already have to buy new tires because the manufactured tires on it don't drive worth crap in the snow and ice and now I have to replace the back breaks and rotators. I asked them again about the smoking calipers on the front and they could not answer.

I had to travel that hill again to go see family. Going up the hill is fine, it's coming down when they start to smoke. I have to pull over halfway down the hill to let them cool down and stop smoking and, no, I don't ride my breaks. I am very disappointed in this crossover. The amount of money I will be spending on this vehicle this year is more then I spent on my other vehicle that I had for 7 years. This crossover thing sucks..,.........

- , Nampa, Idaho, USA

Jan 302014

Journey SXT

The old brakes had only 10,000 miles on them and had to have them replaced. Went to slam on my brakes and they seized. The brakes are faulty and unreliable.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Nov 202012

Journey SXT 3.5L

THIS IS WHAT THE DEALERSHIP COLES IN BLUEFIELD WV DONE TO THE CAR. THEN I BOUGHT THE CAR IN DEC. GET READY CAUSE THERE ARE GOING TO BE A LOT MORE COMPLAINTS

May 052010

Journey SXT 3.5L

THIS INFO IS FROM MY CAR FAX THERE WILL BE MANY MORE COMPLAINTS THAT I WILL BE ENTERING DUE TO THIS CAR IS A TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP....

Jun 282013

Journey SXT 3.5L

OK, THIS WAS MY FIRST ISSUE WITH THE BRAKES, I HAD THE CAR BACK 3 WEEKS AFTER I BOUGHT IT <12/9/12 I TOOK BACK TO COLES, THEY SAID IT WAS FINE, BASICALLY I WAS NOT HEARING THE THINGS THAT I WAS HEARING

Jan 112014

Journey SXT 3.5L

OK, HERE WE GO NOW ONCE AGAIN. ROUGHLY 6 MONTHS LATER WE HAD TO REPLACE BREAKS AND ROTORS AGAIN. REALLY, THIS ISN'T NORMAL FOR ANY CAR NO MATTER THE CONDITIONS OF WHERE YOU LIVE OR EVEN IF WE DROVE THE CAR LIKE A RACE CAR, WHICH WE DON'T. I MEAN COME ON, ITS A DODGE JOURNEY AND I HAVE AN 8 YEAR SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD IN THE CAR SO REALLY CHRYSLER. AND WHEN I CALL THEM THEY SAY CALL YOUR DEALERSHIP. I EXPLAINED TO THE MAN, BRAD WAS HIS NAME, EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE A 100,000 MILE POWER TRAIN WARRANTY THIS IS NOT COVERED. THEY SAY IT'S A GENERAL CARE OF THE CAR.

I HATE THIS CAR AND THERE ARE STILL SO MANY THINGS I HAVE TO ADD SINCE IT ALL HAS TO BE SEPARATE. I AM GOING TO GIVE A BIT OF INFO. I WOULD LIKE TO FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST CHRYSLER FOR THIS PROBLEM ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHERS. I HAVE CONTACTED THE GENERAL ATTORNEYS OFFICE WHERE I PURCHASED THE CAR AND AS SOON AS THE PAPER WORK GETS HERE I WILL GET IT FILED, THE FIRST STEP YOU NEED TO DO.

I AM PUTTING MY EMAIL IN EACH COMPLAINT FROM HERE ON SO IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO COME FORWARD AND HELP IF WE CAN BRING ENOUGH PPL TOGETHER THEN WE STAND A CHANCE OF CHRYSLER BUYING THE CAR BACK OR HAVE IT RECALLED WHICH IS WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN BECAUSE AFTER I FINISH WITH THE OTHER PROBLEMS IT WILL SEEM AMAZING AS TO WHY THEY EVEN COULD SELL THIS CAR BECAUSE ITS A PC OF SH*T. HERE IS MY EMAIL, PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP AND THINK THERE IS NOTHING ELSE YOU CAN DO LATOYIA782001@YAHOO.COM

Jul 062013

Journey SXT 3.5L

OK ALONG WITH OTHER ISSUES I WILL ONLY SPEEK OF THE BRAKES AND ROTOR HERE I HAVE TAKEN MY CAR BACK TO THE DEALER 3XS SINCE DEC 2012 WITH ISSUES IN FRONT END JASON AND LEE COLE AFTER THE FACT I HAD TO CALL AND THREATIN THEM WITH REPORTIMG THEM TO THE ATTORNY GENERAL THEY REPLACES BRAKES AND ONLY MACHINED THE ROTORS