8.2

1. replace pads & rotors (144 reports)
  2. replaced pads & machined rotors (31 reports)
  3. all brakes and rotors had to be replaced (25 reports)
  5. replaced brakes (21 reports)
  6. replacing brakes - possibly calipers - contacting Chrysler (9 reports)
2009 Dodge Journey brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

2009 Dodge Journey Owner Comments (Page 1 of 14)

Jan 302014

Journey SXT

The old brakes had only 10,000 miles on them and had to have them replaced. Went to slam on my brakes and they seized. The brakes are faulty and unreliable.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Nov 202012

Journey SXT 3.5L

THIS IS WHAT THE DEALERSHIP COLES IN BLUEFIELD WV DONE TO THE CAR. THEN I BOUGHT THE CAR IN DEC. GET READY CAUSE THERE ARE GOING TO BE A LOT MORE COMPLAINTS

May 052010

Journey SXT 3.5L

THIS INFO IS FROM MY CAR FAX THERE WILL BE MANY MORE COMPLAINTS THAT I WILL BE ENTERING DUE TO THIS CAR IS A TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP....

Jun 282013

Journey SXT 3.5L

OK, THIS WAS MY FIRST ISSUE WITH THE BRAKES, I HAD THE CAR BACK 3 WEEKS AFTER I BOUGHT IT <12/9/12 I TOOK BACK TO COLES, THEY SAID IT WAS FINE, BASICALLY I WAS NOT HEARING THE THINGS THAT I WAS HEARING

Jan 112014

Journey SXT 3.5L

OK, HERE WE GO NOW ONCE AGAIN. ROUGHLY 6 MONTHS LATER WE HAD TO REPLACE BREAKS AND ROTORS AGAIN. REALLY, THIS ISN'T NORMAL FOR ANY CAR NO MATTER THE CONDITIONS OF WHERE YOU LIVE OR EVEN IF WE DROVE THE CAR LIKE A RACE CAR, WHICH WE DON'T. I MEAN COME ON, ITS A DODGE JOURNEY AND I HAVE AN 8 YEAR SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD IN THE CAR SO REALLY CHRYSLER. AND WHEN I CALL THEM THEY SAY CALL YOUR DEALERSHIP. I EXPLAINED TO THE MAN, BRAD WAS HIS NAME, EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE A 100,000 MILE POWER TRAIN WARRANTY THIS IS NOT COVERED. THEY SAY IT'S A GENERAL CARE OF THE CAR.

I HATE THIS CAR AND THERE ARE STILL SO MANY THINGS I HAVE TO ADD SINCE IT ALL HAS TO BE SEPARATE. I AM GOING TO GIVE A BIT OF INFO. I WOULD LIKE TO FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST CHRYSLER FOR THIS PROBLEM ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHERS. I HAVE CONTACTED THE GENERAL ATTORNEYS OFFICE WHERE I PURCHASED THE CAR AND AS SOON AS THE PAPER WORK GETS HERE I WILL GET IT FILED, THE FIRST STEP YOU NEED TO DO.

I AM PUTTING MY EMAIL IN EACH COMPLAINT FROM HERE ON SO IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO COME FORWARD AND HELP IF WE CAN BRING ENOUGH PPL TOGETHER THEN WE STAND A CHANCE OF CHRYSLER BUYING THE CAR BACK OR HAVE IT RECALLED WHICH IS WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN BECAUSE AFTER I FINISH WITH THE OTHER PROBLEMS IT WILL SEEM AMAZING AS TO WHY THEY EVEN COULD SELL THIS CAR BECAUSE ITS A PC OF SH*T. HERE IS MY EMAIL, PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP AND THINK THERE IS NOTHING ELSE YOU CAN DO LATOYIA782001@YAHOO.COM

Jul 062013

Journey SXT 3.5L

OK ALONG WITH OTHER ISSUES I WILL ONLY SPEEK OF THE BRAKES AND ROTOR HERE I HAVE TAKEN MY CAR BACK TO THE DEALER 3XS SINCE DEC 2012 WITH ISSUES IN FRONT END JASON AND LEE COLE AFTER THE FACT I HAD TO CALL AND THREATIN THEM WITH REPORTIMG THEM TO THE ATTORNY GENERAL THEY REPLACES BRAKES AND ONLY MACHINED THE ROTORS

Jan 132014

Journey

Save your money..Don't buy a Dodge product!!! The brakes go out every year at a cost of $800 and Dodge and the local dealer won't acknowledge there is a problem.

Look for another vehicle...it's a lemon..buyer beware!!!

- , Tallahassee, FL, USA

Mar 202010

Journey RT

I've changed the brakes 3 times, stereo changed twice, 3 different modules changed in the last two years costing about $1200, 2 batteries, engine knocking changed bad rocker arm and the car only has 53000 miles

- , Lake In The Hills, IL, USA

Apr 152012

Journey LX 3.2L

I was not told about the problem when I purchased the vehicle from a dealer. And I don't understand why this problem isn't corrected by Chrysler or a recall, since it is a defect in design.

- , Norman, OK, USA

Jul 072010

Journey

Over and over brakes grinding, calipers sticking loss time from work being told it is my wife's driving in the shop four times same problems same damn costly repairs that don't fix a damn thing. I wish I could half ass pay them and see if they would be ok with that!!!!!!!!!!

- , Mechanicsburg, Illinois, USA

Oct 082013

Like the previous 5 times so far, dodge refuse to help out

Jun 032013

Journey

Again, dodge refused to acknowledge a problem and refused to help

May 262011

Journey

Same as before, early wear out of brakes, Dodge refused to help us!

Aug 192010

Journey

This is a known problem with these Dodge Journeys. They refused to help, and continue to refuse to help!

Feb 252011

Journey SXT 3.5L V6

The brakes & rotors were worn out on the front axle and than on March 19,2012 the back brakes & rotors were worn out. This time the cost to me was $100.00. This is bulls***. Dodge put undersized brakes on the car and they do not want to do a recall on them!! And of course the government auto saftey adm. won't make them fix it!!. All auto companies have to do is buy them off.

- , Redford, MI, USA

Mar 072012

Journey SXT 3.2lV6

I just bought this truck and I am already disappointed with it.. I noticed a really bad vibration and a rattling noise on the front drivers side... I already replaced the strut plate and now they are telling me I have hot spots on my rotors and they need to be replaced. Plus I need to replace the brakes, struts and sway bar links. This truly sucks...I am contacting Dodge to see what can be done.. I know a truck with only 44000 miles should not have this many problems. I believe they knew about these defects when the car was manufactured and sold to the public. What a rip-off!!!!!!!!!!!

- , Munfordville, Kentucky, USA

Apr 032012

Journey SXT

The second time having to replace all of my brakes!!!! Seriously, under 60,000 miles on my car and I have had it almost 4 years. Less than 20,000 miles being put on my car in a year and all of my brakes need to be replaced again...and the tire rods need to be replaced again! Not to mention other stuff too. Are you freaking kidding me? This is crazy! I will NEVER buy a Dodge/Chrysler again!

- , Wheaton, Illinois, USA

Nov 012011

Journey

I bought this car brand new in June 2009. The first year I had to replace the front brake pads at 10,000 miles. One year later I had to replace the front brake pads and rotors at approximately 19000 miles. Now at 29000 miles the dealership stated I need to replace the rear brake pads and resurface the rotors because the vehicle shakes when I brake.

- , murrieta, California, USA

Jun 232011

Journey

I THOUGHT THE VEHICLE HAD SUCH GOOD COVERAGE FOR REPAIRS, ETC. DID NOT EXPECT BRAKE PROBLEMS SO SOON OR HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. BRAKES STILL FEEL LIKE THEY ARE STUCK WHEN IT HAS SET FOR A DAY OR TWO WHEN YOU FIRST MOVE IT AND I DO NOT LIKE HOW THEY WORK ON BAD(SNOWY OR WET) ROADS.

- , Posen, MI, USA

Jun 032013

Journey SXT 3.5L

The brakes have been replaced both front and back on this car. Now the fronts have started to cause the steering wheel to shake when braking. What kind of materials is Chrysler using in these solutions?

- , Stanhope, New Jersey, USA