9.6

$2,950.00

2009 Dodge Journey transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Journey:

2009 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Apr 232013

Journey

transmission failure at 63,000 miles, engine made "whirring" sound. Told by my mechanic that I had sheered off metal pieces making the sound. Dodge told mechanic that there are now over 1000 of the parts on back order with an expected delivery time of 10-12 weeks.

- , Fairfax, VA, USA

Mar 232013

Journey SXT 3.3L

Car has had a myriad of standard Journey problems- brakes, check engine, door pods etc, but this one was scary-

Car was running, shifted into reverse and car lurched forward at an incomprehensible speed. The only time the engine was not sluggish in responding. Put both feet on brake- car went crashing through garage doors, and just stopped. Car is at dealer as we speak. And no, this was not an incident of one stepping on the gas instead of the brake. Waiting to hear from Chrysler- Let the battle begin. Car will be sold. Should have read reviews before I bought. Scariest thing of my life

- , Chesterfield, MI, USA

Jun 132011

Journey

So much for our summer vacation. Had to have the car towed to a dealership 40 miles away (since Dodge closed all the other ones). Now Dodge tells me I'm 500 miles over the limit and there is no warranty. You've got to be kidding!

They have convinced me to never buy another Dodge. Back to Japanese cars for me. My Nissan has 230k miles on it, and it's STILL running great.

- , Milledgeville, GA, USA

Aug 292011

Journey RT V6

The vehicle was towed yesterday. I was driving the vehicle, the computer system went haywire again and I lost power. It was limping along at 40kms per hour. It would suddenly then jerk forward and resume normal driving.

Then when I got to the next set of traffic lights, it did it again - and so on and so forth - until I phoned road side assist. The vehicle was towed to the Dodge authorized service center.

We have tried on numerous occasions to find out what is wrong with the car, without any answers. We have been told many times that they will call back, but that does not happen until we call back and ask for answers.

We have not been given a replacement vehicle, and due to the fact that I live out of the city limits, work full time and am the primary care-giver for two school aged children - I am very inconvenienced.

I appreciate that they don't have answers, but my vehicle is under warranty - and I should be given a replacement vehicle while they ponder the problem at hand. Simple..... Customer Service 101. Or Zero in this case.

- , Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Mar 102010

Journey SXT

We purchased our 2009 Dodge Journey in January of 2010, used with 22,000 miles on it. In March 2010 the transmission went out!!! The vehicle had 29,000 miles on it and it needed a new transmission!!! This is my opinion is completely unacceptable!!! The warranty was still on the car and when I was told I'd have to pay for a 10 day rental I was furious!!! The dealership did eventually wave the rental fee!!!! I have since put two sets of brakes on set of rotors and am still having brake problems. Does anyone else out there have problems first thing in the morning with their brakes? It almost feels like I don't have brakes.

- , Accident, MD, USA