Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The Dodge Journey got a major overhaul in 2011. Let's hope it's better than the first generation (2009-2010) -- it couldn't be much worse.

2011 Dodge Journey lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Journey:

2011 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Sep 182013

Since the day I bought this vehicle, 2013, I have had numerous dead batteries when I went out to start it. As well as flicking dash lights (bright then dim and back again, completely random) while driving during the day, evening, night, raining, and snowing. The Ford dealership that which I bought it from, and the local Chrysler dealership have had my vehicle more in the last two years, then I have. Both Ford & Chrysler dealerships have found multiple issues, but have not fixed one of my main complaints, the dash lights flickering. Between the two businesses they have re-built the transmission, changed the throttle body, wiring harness, radio, radiator, motor train control module, instrument panel, and put a new battery in it many times, including the day I bought it. A mechanic at Ford had told me that there was issues with the Journey before I bought it. I requested a copy of all the paperwork that the Ford dealership had on my vehicle, and to my surprise the previous owner traded/sold (?) my vehicle to Ford the day before I bought it because he/she was going through the same issues with it the battery being dead.

- Cohasset, MN, USA

Aug 122015

My husband was driving the car when all of a sudden the radio, all the lights inside, the dashboard, and everything just stopped but the car was still running. He had to pull over, turn off the engine and then restart it for things to turn back on. A few days later I was driving and all the lights inside the car turned on simultaneously for no reason. This happened a few times during the short drive. Hasn't happened since but mechanic asked me to call Dodge to check on recall. No recall when I called Dodge but others have noticed similar incidents with their Dodge Journeys.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Apr 062011

Journey 6-cyl

This is the first incident 2 months after I purchased this brand new truck. The car had no power at all. It would not start. I had to have it towed from my driveway. About 6 months later the car would not go into gear the head or brake lights would not work. I took it back to the dealership where I purchased it for the fourth time and it is has been in the service center about a month and they have no answers. I have have called Dodge numerous times and can't get any help from anyone. This vehicle is not safe I have been pulled over by police numerous times for no lights and stranded because the car would not go into gear.

- Detroit, MI, USA