Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The Dodge Journey got a major overhaul in 2011. Let's hope it's better than the first generation (2009-2010) -- it couldn't be much worse.

2011 Dodge Journey suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Journey:

2011 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Jul 072014

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 20 mph, there was an abnormal sound coming from the rear of the vehicle. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated that the drivetrain and suspension needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 10,000.

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Aug 272011

Journey 6-cyl

I purchased at new 2011 Dodge Journey crew in February 2011, with 5 miles. During the course of a few months, I noticed that the drive was a little bumpy. I assumed that the uneven ride was due to low pressure in the tires or balancing issues. I reported this issue to the dealer in July 2011. The vehicle was evaluated with the following outcome: Rotors and brake pads needed to replaced, balance tires and re-aligned tire pressure. The dealer ordered new rotors/pads and I returned 2 weeks later for installation. A few months later, I started experiencing the same uneven ride and complained to the dealer. This complaint resulted in my tires being replaced (mechanic stated I had 2 bad tires). The mechanic also stated that the old tires had some wearing on them (most likely due to unbalance tires). My complaints to the dealership started to increase and resulted in a visit every other month to have my tires balanced. Needless to say, my rotors and pads had to be replaced a second time in March 2012 (24K miles). I worked through Chrysler case management on this replacement and I had to pay a $100 deductible for the repair (not sure why, but needed my car to make a living). My vehicle was back in the shop in April 2012 for balancing issues. The dealer forced balanced my vehicle (this was the second forced balancing on my vehicle). On April 20, 2012, I had another visit to the dealer just to be told that they replaced my front left and right axles, in an effort to fix my balancing issues. Needless to say, this has not resolved my uneven driving issues and I am back at the case management stage. Throughout my entire year and a half with this vehicle, several dealerships have told me the Dodge Journey has been known to have this type of issues.

- Decatur, GA, USA