2012 Dodge Journey body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Journey:

2012 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Feb 042016

Vehicle was traveling on a side street and was struck by another vehicle on the left side just in front of the rear wheel causing it to spin and roll. As you can tell by the pictures attached the side curtain airbags did not deploy either at the time of initial impact from the other car hitting the side of our vehicle, nor did it deploy when the vehicle rolled on it's side and roof. Our concern is why?

- Trussville, AL, USA

Aug 212015

I was using the scissor jack provided with the vehicle to remove a flat left front tire while parked in my garage. The floor was flat and completely dry and free of any oily conditions. The shift lever was in park, the brake set.I positioned the jack as outlined in the owners manual. I then broke the 5 lug nuts loose prior to raising the vehicle. It was very difficult using the jack as it seemed to be straining to raise the SUV. I finally got it raised to a level to clear the tire from the floor surface. I removed the tire and just as I did this the jack collapsed and the vehicle dropped. The fender well just barely missed crushing my hand. I took photos of the condition after it fell. I removed the jack and the frame was twisted and the lifting screw was bent. The jack does not have any load rating or certification markings. All it says is 'made in Mexico' the foot print pad it sets on looks too small to provide adequate support. I brought the incident up to Chrysler representatives and they just made what seemed to be arbitrary remarks the ' I must have done some thing wrong' in the vehicle is still under the original factory warranty but they said I will have to pay a $500 deductible. If this jack failed on a flat concrete floor imagine trying to use this device and a angular, graveled road shoulder. This could lead to someone being seriously injured in the future.

- Lambertville, MI, USA