2013 Dodge Journey seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Journey:

2013 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Mar 152016

Journey

I was traveling to work on the city street in my 2013 Dodge Journey SXT, a person ran the red light and struck me near the gas tank and then struck me a second time in the front drivers side of the vehicle. Six of the air bags deployed, the vehicle was totaled in the crash. I am writing this because I know that I am here today due to the build of the 2013 Dodge Journey SXT. I was so surprised that I went out and purchased another Dodge Journey.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Jan 292016

Journey

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Journey. While parking the vehicle, the brakes did not respond and the vehicle crashed into a brick wall. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact did not sustain any injuries. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V675000 (electronic stability control, service brakes, hydraulic). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was towed. The approximate failure mileage was 25,000.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Nov 062015

Journey

I was at the drive in movie and had the truck running for part of the movie. I shut the truck off and just listened to the rest of the movie via my radio and had the lights off. When the movie was over I I could not crank my truck. You could see the lights on in the inside but my truck dash said my key was not in vehicle of which it was. Then it said vehicle not in park of which it was. My uconnect screen kept trying to load and would just keep going out. I had 3 people try to jump it just in case the battery was dead even though I knew it wasn't including the tow service for my insurance. None of this worked. I had to get the vehicle towed home now I can not lock my vehicle cause it has no power. My dash says my key is not in the vehicle of which it was and that the vehicle is not in park of which it was. Now on my dash it says the following lights are on: Etl electronic throttle light, air bag warning light, and mil malfunction indicator light. I saw a lot of complaints about this on google and youtube when I search this issue this has got to be fixed caused I am a doge fan but I can not keep a vehicle that I am paying on and it doesn't work. Help

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Aug 182015

Journey

I rear-ended a Dodge Ram truck. My entire front end was pushed back. None of the air bags deployed and my seat belt didn't tighten. My car was totaled. My face hit the steering wheel resulting in my tooth going into my lip. I sustained whiplash and my knees hit the dashboard and were injured. Luckily I was the only one in my car. Considering none of the safety features of the vehicle worked it could have been much worse.

- Elkville, IL, USA

Aug 132015

Journey

The vehicle was remote started, and then few minutes later the driver opened the drivers side. The driver sat down, fastened her shoulder harness and then closed the drivers side door. Upon the door closing and latching, the drivers side curtain airbag self-deployed. This caused some left arm bruising, neck burns and a deep abrasion across the drivers left side neck. There was no impact from any another vehicle, nor did the Dodge Journey strike a fixed object. The vehicle was at a standstill with the parking brake engaged, vehicle in park, and the engine start button flashing because the driver had remotely started the vehicle.

- Midwest City, OK, USA

Jul 142015

Journey

Airbag light appears to turn on and alarm when making turns. Going to dealer tomorrow

- Umatilla, FL, USA

Jun 162014

Journey 4-cyl

Our air bag light has been on for the last 4 months. When we took it to the service department they stated nothing was wrong with the air bags. When the light came back on we took it again to the service department where they said there was a problem with our harness. We have also taken our car in for the ac not working and they have changed the module 3 times already and the problem is still there.

- Imperial , CA, USA

May 182013

Journey

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained injuries to the back and shoulder. A police report was not filed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was towed to a salvage yard. The failure and current mileage was 24,000.

- Chino , CA, USA