2014 Dodge Journey body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Journey:

2014 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Apr 252015

Journey 6-cyl

I own a 2014 Dodge Journey... only had it 6 months! I hit a deer (about 200 lbs/ husband said it would be a 10-12 point if it had antlers this time of year). I was running about 53-57 mph, out the corner of my eye I saw the deer about to run out, grabbed the wheel with both hands and just held on. There was no time to do anything else, the roads were wet so I didn't hit the brakes hard (didn't want them to lock-up) but I did stay on them. Thankfully the deer was coming to the ground (already jumped) when I hit him, because if not he probably would have ended up in our windshield. I hit the deer square... his body caved the radiator in among other things! the airbags never came out! I understand sensors in cars and all that but regardless if you hit "someone or something" as hard as I hit that deer... the airbags should have certainly deployed. I am thankful and grateful that it was a deer and not a tree! wish I knew how to get these complaints straight to the Dodge dealership! makes me very uneasy about my car now. Obviously, the car is not fixed yet, still sitting in my yard waiting for the adjuster to come out. Not too sure we are going to keep it once it gets fixed. I have children (twin 5 years old daughters) do not want them in an unsafe car!

- Yemassee, SC, USA

Nov 062014

Journey 6-cyl

The first day drove this brand new Dodge Journey to work. And came back with the hood released. The only thing it could happen was I accidentally touch the hood release handle when I apply/release the parking brake, because they are too closed. It is a really bad design.

- Edmonton, AK, USA