2014 Dodge Journey seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Journey:

2014 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Sep 062016

Journey

My airbags did not deploy in a head on collison. My vehicle was traveling at 45 with right away and his at 10. I was on straight away and he was at a stop sign turning in thr direction I was coming.

- Smithfield, NC, USA

Sep 122016

Journey

"takata recall" driving about 55mph, an accident occurred with my Dodge Journey, hitting a guard rail and making the car crash and have a rollover. None of the airbags deployed, causing injuries to the people in the vehicle.

- Fayetteville, NC, USA

Feb 062015

Journey

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Journey. While the contact's vehicle was at a complete stop, another vehicle driving 45 mph crashed into the rear of the vehicle. The contact then crashed into the preceding vehicle. The contact sustained cervical neck injuries and a bump to the head. The contact also suffered from numbness in both arms and severe pain in both legs. The injuries required medical attention. A police report was filed. The air bags failed to deploy with the massive impact. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 7,500.

- Enid, OK, USA

Nov 292015

Journey

While driving in normal conditions on the highway, the vehicle brakes were applied and I began to loss control of the vehicle. The vehicle then flipped over on its side and airbags eventually deployed. I was taken to the hospital for potential injuries from the incident. No citations were given for the loss to indicate negligence on my end. I believe this may have been resulted from the current recall on the vehicle.

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Sep 192015

Journey

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Journey. While driving 40 mph, the contact rear ended another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy and the seat belt did not retract. A police report was filed. The driver sustained head, neck, and knee injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed, but not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 14,000.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Sep 292015

Journey 4-cyl

The contact owned a 2014 Dodge Journey. While driving approximately 85 mph, the steering wheel seized and the contact lost control of the vehicle. As a result, the vehicle rolled over four times and crashed into a pole. The air bags failed to deploy. The driver and front seat passenger sustained injuries that required medical attention. The rear passengers were ejected from the rear window and required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000....updated 12/30/15 updated 12/31/15.

- Searcy, AR, USA

Apr 252015

Journey 6-cyl

I own a 2014 Dodge Journey... only had it 6 months! I hit a deer (about 200 lbs/ husband said it would be a 10-12 point if it had antlers this time of year). I was running about 53-57 mph, out the corner of my eye I saw the deer about to run out, grabbed the wheel with both hands and just held on. There was no time to do anything else, the roads were wet so I didn't hit the brakes hard (didn't want them to lock-up) but I did stay on them. Thankfully the deer was coming to the ground (already jumped) when I hit him, because if not he probably would have ended up in our windshield. I hit the deer square... his body caved the radiator in among other things! the airbags never came out! I understand sensors in cars and all that but regardless if you hit "someone or something" as hard as I hit that deer... the airbags should have certainly deployed. I am thankful and grateful that it was a deer and not a tree! wish I knew how to get these complaints straight to the Dodge dealership! makes me very uneasy about my car now. Obviously, the car is not fixed yet, still sitting in my yard waiting for the adjuster to come out. Not too sure we are going to keep it once it gets fixed. I have children (twin 5 years old daughters) do not want them in an unsafe car!

- Yemassee, SC, USA

Apr 092015

Journey 4-cyl

The contact owned a 2014 Dodge Journey. While traveling at an unknown speed over a pothole, which caused the vehicle to lose power, shut off, and flip over more than five times. The contact mentioned that the air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained a whiplash, a punctured lung, a bruised body, and a brain injury which required further medical attention. The passenger sustained whiplash and minor bruises to the body. The vehicle was not inspected or diagnosed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. Updated 6/4/15

- Pasadena, MD, USA

Apr 022013

Journey 4-cyl

Air bags failed to deploy when vehicle had front impact with ditch embankment after leaving road across ditch and the anti-lock brakes caused the brakes to engage and unengaged causing the wreck. When checked it was told that nothing wrong with either part.

- Macon, MO, USA

Apr 242014

Journey

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Journey. The contact stated that while traveling 40 mph, another vehicle crashed into the contact's driver front side. Upon impact, the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained back and knee injuries. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 2,300.

- Chicago, IL, USA