2014 Dodge Journey seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Journey:

2014 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Sep 192015

Journey

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Journey. While driving 40 mph, the contact rear ended another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy and the seat belt did not retract. A police report was filed. The driver sustained head, neck, and knee injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed, but not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 14,000.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Dec 172014

Journey

I was driving my Dodge Journey one day and the seat belt light came on showing that somebody wasn't buckled but I was the only one in the car. So I leaned forward and my seat belt came unlocked. I thought to myself thinking it was just me maybe I didn't buckle it in right. Then I buckled up again and later on that day my wife was driving and it did the same thing. She said she heard a click noise and the seat belt light and ding noise came on so she leaned forward and the seat belt was not locked it had came unlocked from the driver seat part that you connect the strap into. It continued to happen off and on and now we wiggle it to make sure it stays locked but sometimes it doesn't work. The seat belt will click and lock but will some how it comes undone later while we are driving. So we hear the click noise when it locks and we pull on it to make sure it stays locked and it does fine sometimes and then other days it comes unlocked while we are driving. Now we know when its going to come unlocked because you can hear it make a click noise and the seat belt light and dinging noise comes on and we right away know its our seat belt that came unlocked. We called to dealership so we can get it fixed just recently but wont be able to get our vehicle in until middle of September and called another dealership but wont be able to get it in for about 3 weeks. This is the driver side seat belt. We travel alot for doctors appointments for our youngest child who has a disability so this makes me very worried.

- Ballinger, TX, USA