2015 Dodge Journey steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Journey:

2015 Dodge Journey Owner Comments

Jul 302016

Driving on a major highway when all of a sudden, I noticed my speed dropping. I pushed on the gas but got no response. Then traffic began to stop but I couldnt! my brakes did not work!!! I put my hazzard lights on and began to drift across 3 lanes of traffic because the steering also did not work!!!! I almost caused several accidents as I was unable to control my vehicle. I made it to the emergency lane and pushed the emergency break coming to a joilting stop. Once I caught my breath and stopped shaking, I was able to restart the vehicle. I then exited the highway and crept across town back to the dealer where I had just left getting my oil changed prior to this incident. They checked out the vehicle but found no bad codes or any other issue so there is no fix for something they could not re-create.. this is my 3rd Journey (2010, 2011, 2015) and I believe this is an accident waiting to happen. I had no issues with the prior two years. I am terrified of driving this vehicle now especially noting so many other complaints of the same issue.

- District Heights, MD, USA

Jan 202016

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Journey. While coming to a stop and depressing the brake pedal, the steering wheel vibrated and made a loud noise. The failure occurred when the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed, but the cause of the failure was not determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 3,000.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jun 182015

While driving home my 2015 Dodge Journey (which only had 2,108 miles on it) died while decelerating to turn into my neighborhood. Praise god, no one was behind me and I had to crank the wheel to pull over to the side of the road as the power steering and brakes also died. There were no warning signs, indicators, lights, etc. I put the car in park and hit the start button and it started right up. I immediately called the dealership and told them I would be bringing it to them in the morning. They have now had my car for 5 days and can't find any error codes in their computer when running diagnostics and "can't reproduce the stall". they are keeping it for a few more days to "put more miles on it to see if they can reproduce it" and also have a call into their corporate engineers and are waiting to hear back from them. I told the service manager at the dealership that this was a known issue with the T.I.P.M. (total integrated program module) on older models and in fact 2 were reported at for 2014 models. He claimed that this defect is on older models 'only' and wasn't the problem. Although they are making some updates to the car's computer system without knowing if this will fix it, he said if they can't diagnose or reproduce the issue, they will return it to me and basically just hope it doesn't happen again. One website that reported this exact issue on older model Dodge (various makes/models) is: the report shows my exact situation! engine dies when decelerating, no warning indicators, once key is turned to off, it restarts, diagnostics at the dealership showed no computer codes indicating failure. I'm terrified that it will happen again only perhaps in a much more dangerous setting.

- Peoria, AZ, USA