8.7

$1,375.00

1. replaced fuel pump (2 reports)
1998 Dodge Neon fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Neon:

1998 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Jun 042008

Neon 2.0L Dohc

Ok so I changed the fuel pump and the POS still has the prob...any help is appreciated..I am at my wits end with this Mopar turd.

- , Davenport, FL, USA

Apr 012008

Neon 2.0L Dohc

The problem was a nightmare because i took the car to a ASE Certified mechanic (what a Joke) and he assured me that there was nothing wrong. Meanwhile 30 minutes after leaving the shop the bucking started yet again. I could tell that it was a fuel issue by the way the bucking and jerking was intermittent before it finally died (like contractions before child birth), what is worse yet the fine folks in Dodge's Research and Development decided that the fuel filter is not serviceable and can only be purchased with the entire fuel pump assembly ($224.99 at Auto Zone). The fuel pump is inside the gas tank and removing the gas tank is fairly simple however the threaded ring that secures the pump assembly in place was a bear to remove. All in all the repair was fairly simple for the average do-it-yourself person like myself. I just replaced it today and I will repost if this doesn't permanently fix the problem.

- , Davenport, FL, USA

Aug 112007

Neon

The car would drive for about 20 minutes, and then would buck and act like fuel wasn't getting to the car. Then would eventually stop. I would have to pull over, turn the car off for about 5 minutes, and then I could drive for about another 5-10 minutes. I brought it to a garage, and they ended up having to replace the entire fuel pump. It worked, but man was it expensive!

- , Southington, CT, USA