8.0

2000 Dodge Neon AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Neon:

2000 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

May 012008

Neon 4 cyl

I was defrosting my windows last spring and i heard some clicking coming from the front of my car then i smelt something smelling like it was burning. Not like it was on fire but it was def annoying. My grandma had the same problem in her 86 gmc jimmy like 2 years ago and her blower motor for her heater blew up. I was afraid that this would happen to me so i took it to a mechanic who told me it was nothing but a belt. Well two friends that are mechanics later i found out it was my heater because the noise and smell would only appear when i turned up my heater. I complain about this now because i just learned that my power steering pump decided to take a royal crap on me and now my car smells even worse with the heater on (and its only 25 degrees out side, freaking freezing!!!!!!!!)

Does anyone know how to fix it? For cheap????

- , Twin Falls, ID, USA