4.0

1. krazy glue it (1 reports)
2000 Dodge Neon accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Neon:

2000 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Aug 012010

Neon ES 2.0L

Door handle is supposed to be kept in place by a screw and some glue. Well, with the car's age (approx. 10 years), the screw's threads got stripped, and the glue failed. The fix? Something along the lines of krazy glue once you've removed the screw and door handle molding. I think my hubby fixed it by gluing the door and handle molding together (they sit on top of each other). Anyway, it's not the best fix -- the handle molding is now a little out-of-place -- but it essentially works. No need to take to a mechanic.

My hubby wouldn't fix the problem right away, so the date and mileage are approximate. (I purchased my Neon new in May 2000 and still have it this summer of 2011 -- that's how I come up w/ the approximations.)

- , Aldie, VA, USA