2000 Dodge Neon brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Neon:

2000 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Jun 172010

Neon ES 1.8L V4

I've always had problems with brakes squeaking and bad braking distance. I noticed how bad the breaking was when I drove my MIL toyota sienna which had a much smaller breaking distance at higher speeds. I have had the breaks serviced many times and complained about the breaking. The breaking distance is dangerous. Just the other day I had a man stop in from of me at 50-55 mph. When I tried to stop, everything locked up and was unsteerable. The airbags did not deploy. I tried to steer it into the grassy ditch next to me to no avail. Sure I got a lot of miles, but I had a feeling this was going to happen as in the country here no one uses signals before turning or turning signals are inadequateley used. I have been in another accident due to the inadequate breaking. I tried to break going 5 mph and it took way too long to stop! i pushed my toyota at the same speed and was able to stop in 1/3 of the distance the neon did.

- , Martinsville, VA, USA