8.0

2. replace the drums (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Neon brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Neon:

2003 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Dec 302003

Neon SXT

I first got the car with 3 miles on it. Once I left the lot I heard the noise. I thought because it was brand new it would wear off. About 970 miles later it started getting on my nerves. I took it in and they said mine was the 4th Neon of this brand and year to come in with the problem. It was a manufacturer problem and they promised it would stop around 3,000 miles. So at 3,000 miles I took it back in. They say northing's wrong. I'm currently a little over 4,000 miles and it just seems to get worse. I'm so frustrated but really don't want to have to go back and deal with these people.

- , Grover Beach, CA, USA

Jun 282006

Neon SXT

I couldn't figure out why my rear brakes were squeaking so loud that people whom I didn't know stopped to comment. I took it to a repair shop and they said noisy rear brakes are common with Neons and that moisture gets inside the brake drum and oxidizes to create rust on them. The only option is to replace the entire drum, which is too costly. My advice... don't buy an American car anymore.

- , Chicago, IL, USA