8.0

2003 Dodge Neon brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Neon:

2003 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Jan 042011

Neon

I have replaced the transmission, new brakes around, new ball & rods, brake sensors, and still my car jerks when I apply the brake. The ABS light comes on & off randomly, I'm being told I need to replace the transmission again! I'm not believing that since I may drive 100 miles a month! I do think it's a brake problem but everyone wants to get me for yet another transmission! the transmission did need replaced only because the gasket kept wearing out causing my fluids to come out rapidly, and it had a small pin hole in the top that eventually would of caused a problem, but it shifts great, doesn't jerk while driving until the brake is applied. I'm not a mechanic but I'm not stupid either. Common sense tells me that the problem is with the brakes when it only jerks when I apply the brake, not the transmission. Has anyone else had this problem, I need to get this resolved before I get down right evil with the dealership that sold me this car.

- , Painesville, OH, USA