2.1

2003 Dodge Neon drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Neon:

2003 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Oct 282015

Neon 4-cyl

Oil problem although I paid thousands for repairs.-but the engine light flashes when car is stopped at a traffic light or idling for even a short time. When car is in motion, a steady engine light is on all the time, except when it flashes. This has been happening for a couple of years. I need info on this and all recalls or complimentary repairs available. I need to be safe.thank you.

- Kittery, ME, USA

Sep 052009

Neon

Premature failure of motor mounts. Causing possible problems with electrical system, exhaust system, excessive noise and vibration.

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Mar 242008

Neon 4-cyl

I am the 2nd hand owner of this vehicle. I have been in possession of it for about a year and 1/2 have meticulously maintained it and it has 55,000 mile on it. Recently the transmission became rather jumpy and it was to go into service but the day before I was to schedule an appointment it was more jumpy than usual and I smelt trans. Fluid through my air vents. Checked trans. Fluid and found nothing on the stick, shut if off, looked under the car and there was a puddle of pink fluid under on the ground. Looked at the little bit of fluid that was the trans stick and it was the same color. Looked in the coolant, same fluid as on the stick and the ground. My radiator had given out mixing my coolant with trans. Fluid. This left me to pay $974 out of pocket because Chrysler would not help pay for this common problem. Car is under a 7/70K power train warranty. Radiator is not covered.

- Cape May Court House, NJ, USA