2003 Dodge Neon miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Neon:

2003 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

Sep 192007

Neon

The contact owns a 2003 Dodge Neon. Everytime the contact activates the heat in the vehicle, he noticed an influx of carbon monoxide in the vehicle. He exhibits physiological symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, such as feeling light headed. The dealer could not identify the cause of the failure or find a remedy. The failure mileage was 44,000 and current mileage was 50,500.

- Babylon, NY, USA

Sep 152003

Neon

I was in a small collision at the speed of 10 mph or less. I rear ended a Ford F150 truck because my brakes skided on the road, my 2003 Neon fishtailed, and I hit the bumper of the truck. My right headlight was smashed, and my radiator was also broken. After 3 minutes my engine caught on fire, and my entire car was engulfed in fire within 5 minutes after the collision. My airbag on both driver and passenger side did not go off, I didn't hit the truck at a highspeed, yet my car went up in flames. Everything in the car was melted, and I think this car is very unsafe. Had I hit a truck or been hit by another large or small car, I hate to wonder what would of happened then. Would I of made it out in time before it caught on fire, or would it blow up on impact?! Neons are not safe, and I think this car will catch on fire at any speed. I have pictures of the car that shows the damage from the collision, and you wouldn't ever think the small damage could catch this car on fire.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jan 182003

Neon 4-cyl

While driving at 70 mph, the speedometer fluctuated and consumer couldn't get an accurate reading of the vehicle's speed. The mechanic attempted to fix the speedometer numerous times, once by replacing the internal cluster. There was a squealing noise coming from the front of the vehicle, the noise was fixed by blocking the air intake on the front of the vehicle. The vehicle stalled several times on the freeway, however the mechanic was unable to find the problem. There was a noise coming from the heat shield. The consumer stated the vehicle consumed a lot of fuel, there was a rattle from the exhaust and the engine had an oil leak, subsequently the dealer was unable to verify the consumer's concerns.

- Red Bluff, CA, USA