2.4

2005 Dodge Neon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Dodge Neon:

2005 Dodge Neon Owner Comments

May 202016

Neon

I was driving to downtown los angeles with my friends and all of a sudden there is smoke coming out of my dashboard right in front of my steering wheel something was burning. I then later notice my brake, fog, high beams, and turn signals light do not work. I went on a forum to see if it's a common problem and I saw cars that were burned and I saw that it was a connection that was faulty. I remove my turn signal switch and I found out that it was burned too the exact same place. We were lucky that the car didn't catch fire. I went to a junk yard to see if I could get one and all the Dodge Neons that I got to they were all shots and burned. I want to get a recall for this that cannot be possible that all the cars even my friends car has that too and it's a Dodge Neon. Can something please be done about this

- Reseda, CA, USA

Jan 142016

Neon

I have a 2004 Dodge Neon, my turning signals sometimes work and sometimes they don't. I have to bang the steering wheel for them to work properly. Also my horn stopped working all of sudden. I have checked all of the fuses and the horn it self and there is nothing found.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Oct 022014

Neon 4-cyl

A total loss of electronic no power the emergency flashers would not work the transmission down shifted and all systems stopped working. I pulled over and turned off the ignition and back on and hit the power window button and the power came back on.

- Jacksonville Beach, FL, USA

Aug 202013

Neon 4-cyl

A total loss of power engine lossed power but came back and it happen again at a traffic light everything shut down and did not restart until I mayed the window go down then the power came back on then I was able to restart the car.

- Jacksonville Beach, FL, USA

Apr 222014

Neon

I have a Dodge Neon 2005 and I know a few other people that have them to. I have been getting like a stall and engine light coming on so I took it to auto zone and they say it's the cam sensor. Three out of the five people I know with Neon say they had the same thing happen and when I research it it's all over the internet why is this not a recall since so many people are having issues with it.

- Marion, IN, USA

Nov 292013

Neon

About 1 year ago, the vehicle started by itself when I was in the car and engaged the automatic door locks. Then on this occasion I was laying down in my room and must have rolled over on the remote and engaged the door lock button. The car started in the garage. Luckily, it was discovered in <5 minutes and the car was turned off. I have taken the batteries out of the remote and am no longer using it. I am taking the car in for diagnostic testing/repairs, but I don't think that I should have to pay for this since it is a safety issue.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Aug 142012

Neon

When I turn on my right turn signal my fog lights turn on. I smelled something that smelled like burning electrical components. When I looked at my mfd switch connector the left side(number 10&20) was showing signs of melting.

- Atlantic Beach, FL, USA

Aug 252010

Neon

Sudden loss of power, engine misses and stalls. Will not restart.

- Burnside, KY, USA

Sep 042008

Neon

Multifunction switch faulty which causes the battery to fail and the fog lights to flicker.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Dec 162004

Neon

While vehicle was parked smoke came from out of the engine compartment. Dealership was notified, but did not resolve the problem.

- Corvallis, MT, USA