2007 Dodge Nitro brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Nitro:

2007 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments

Jul 172016

While driving vehicle overheats, but not while stationary, multiple dash/engine/lights flash on and off. Air conditioner started blowing hot air, had serviced- battery good-reported bad alternator -- replaced $289. Fan locked up breaking belt--replaced $30. Then mod #2 tested bad-- replaced $450. This all started approx. 2 weeks ago mid July 2016, and 2007 Dodge Nitro continues to overheat, and air conditioner continues to blow hot air. A/C coolant tested fine, but not making cold air into cabin of SUV. Mostly highway driving.

- Pocahontas, AR, USA

Dec 172015

The car with lock and unlock doors by itself and flash lights on and off, causing the vehicle to be inoperable when this happens during driving and when parking. We were already told the controlmodule needs replacing but because this is not a 4X4 it is not covered in the recall. Then the brakes stop but not fully and will cause a slide backwards if not held down while in motion, on an incline, on street or ramp. The throttle light and the antilock brake light comes on while driving, while turning, on streetand highway, causing the car to stall in traffic, while moving we have almost been rear eneded a couple of times. We see several recalls that would relate to our problem but all have been identified for the 4X4.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Feb 142016

Vehicle rolled over and air bags did not deploy and ignition system was not woring took into dealership multiple times for ignition problems they replaced the ignition switch little less then a.year ago

- Lynn Center, IL, USA

Nov 192014

Nitro 4WD 6-cyl

While driving on asphalt and dip, slope, and curve, the vehicle wanted to stalled and looses power. Brake light for entire ride. This power lost is consistence when going over railroad track or slope and dip motions. It been like this with power and stability since it was purchase new from the dealer. I'm the owner. The suspension system is the worst, it feel like you going to roll-over when there's a dip on the roadway.

- Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Oct 102014

Nitro 4WD 6-cyl

Since March 2014. The horn has gone off by itself (3), the truck has died while driving at a speed of 30 mph (1), truck has failed to start (1).

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jul 032008

Back brake lights go out continuously. I have had them replaced several times while under warranty. Lights are still going out but now my extended warranty is over. Dealership said they would have to run a diagnostic test before they could find out what is wrong. This is very concerning because it is a documented problem since the first year I purchased the car in 2007 and the problem still exists. My rear windows stopped working, had to have them replaced which I found odd because I hardly used the back windows. Driver's side handle has snapped in half. This makes for a safety issue because I cannot get out of the car without rolling down the window and then unlocking myself then roll up the window before turning off my car. Also, the power window control has snapped off as well for controlling the front passenger window. I'm concerned I will be trapped in my vehicle if I continue to lose power functions to the car. Heating unit works sporadically. Took it to local mechanic he fixed it. It worked temporarily and then stopped. Called dealership and once again was told that they would have to perform a diagnostic test; which is understandable if this was the only problem, but unfortunately this is not.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jul 022013

Nitro 6-cyl

The window control panel on driver side the two front button broke off. Have to replace the whole arm control panel.

- Conyers, GA, USA

Jan 232010

2007 Dodge Nitro on two occasions as I was pulling onto a highway the ESC system actived when the rear wheels spun on ice, cutting power and leaving me part way on raod in line of oncoming traffic with no accelerator responce. Then when I had accel. Depressed full power came on.which almost caused a accident with a vehicle on other lane of road.

- East Nassau, NY, USA