2007 Dodge Nitro steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Nitro:

2007 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments

Jan 102016

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. While driving 25 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning and the steering wheel was difficult to turn. In addition, the air conditioner, radio, and heater failed. While driving, the doors unlocked and locked periodically on their own. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it could not be diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 179,000.

- Mt Pleasant, TN, USA

Jul 222015

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. While driving at an unknown speed, the vehicle was difficult to steer and the vehicle veered to the left independently, went into another lane, and almost collided with oncoming traffic. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the rack and pinion needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Frederick, MD, USA

Jul 282015

Nitro

I have a 2007 Dodge Nitro with milage at 48,545. I have had a few incidents where I have been driving my car and while turning into a parking space my car has turned off on me out of no where also my stearing wheels locks up on me, thankfully this has not happened while I have been on freeway or on street driving at regular driving speeds otherwise you would have been hearing from my attorney. Also we dont get much rain in California, however during the rainy season I dont know from where but there is water getting into my car on D, leaving puddles of water in my car. Another issue is that my alarm goes off at all times of the day by itself. Also I do regular oil changes as needed on my car, in between oil chnages I notice my oil goes down substantually bout 3 to 4 quarts, and there is no leak in my car. The bottom line here is that the vehcile I purchaed is a lemon.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Jun 252015

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. While driving at 60 mph, the vehicle veered to the right independently. The contact mentioned that while attempting to steer the vehicle into the correct position, the steering wheel seized and the contact lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 11,093. The VIN was unavailable.

- Houston , TX, USA

Jun 252015

Nitro

Steering locked up on me as I was driving and I was unable to turn. I had to pull the car over and then shut it off and then restart it in order to get the steering wheel to work again

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Aug 092013

Nitro 6-cyl

We ended up headed towards the sky and took a hard head nose into the earth. We then came up turned in the other directions rocking and rolling in a dry shallow creek bed in Nevada. We went up again and landed with two flat tires, in gear, going no where. My air bag did not deploy! my hubby had a huge laceration on the inside of his forearm. Found out later in emergency that the Dodge emblem propelled into his arm. The emblem is very concerning. It could have knocked out his eye, entered his heart or even slashed his throat. It should be removed from all Dodge.

- Sonora, CA, USA

Apr 022007

Nitro 6-cyl

When moving vehicle at speeds under 5 miles an hour and turning the steering column either right or left you will hear a knocking type sound coming from the steering column like it is hitting something while turning. It only happens during slow speed like turning in a parking lot.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Jan 012011

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. The contact stated that when driving at various speeds or while idling, she noticed a loud grinding noise. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where they stated that the noise was coming from the steering shaft, which needed to be replaced. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified and they offered no assistance. The failure mileage was approximately 80,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Jul 142011

Nitro

TL * the contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. The contact stated that the steering wheel had become loose. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection or repairs and the manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 77,000.

- Arlington , VA, USA

Feb 222008

Nitro

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. Each time the vehicle was driven at any speed, the contact heard a chattering noise coming from the front end. She took the vehicle to two different dealers and both were able to duplicate the failure, but did not know how to repair the vehicle. Both dealers notified the manufacturer, who acknowledged the failure, but stated that they did not know how to resolve the issue as well. The contact stated that the noise has gotten louder. The current mileage was approximately 6,700 and failure mileage was approximately 5,149.

- Grove City, OH, USA

May 142007

Nitro 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Nitro. While driving 65 mph, the vehicle shut off twice. While driving 35 mph down an exit ramp, the steering failed and the contact pulled off the road. The vehicle is currently at the dealer. The VIN and engine size were unavailable. The contact was advised by Chrysler to file a complaint. The current mileage is 1,100 and failure mileage was 800.

- Lena, MS, USA