5.4

2008 Dodge Nitro fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Nitro:

2008 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments

Nov 252011

Nitro

The problem is filling up my gas tank. Every time I go to fill up the pump shuts off and then about one half of a gallon (maybe more) comes gushing out of the tank all over my vehicle, the ground, my shoes, and whatever else may be in the way. I have read online that it is a default in the gas tank Dodge puts on these Nitros. Its supposed to be a safety thing in case the vehicle were to roll over. But we are talking about a highly flammable liquid just pouring out of my vehicle and onto me and the ground. I am not under warranty anymore, as I bought this vehicle used, but I really don't think I should have to pay to have something like this fixed when Dodge knows that it is a defect. Thank you for any help!!!

- Marshall, NC, USA

Aug 012010

Nitro

2008 Dodge Nitro fuel tank overflow problem. Pump would click and fueling would stop as normal, but gas would shoot out the side of the gas pump just past the handle at the rubber gasket before the nozzle. This was a consistent thing. Cars ahead of me at the pump would have no issues and it didn't matter which pump I went to the result was the same. Updated 11/03/10 the consumer stated the entire tank was replaced. So, no further action is required. Updated 11/04/10

- Owings Mills, MD, USA