3.1

2009 Dodge Nitro seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Nitro:

2009 Dodge Nitro Owner Comments

Dec 132013

Nitro 6-cyl

I was driving the vehicle. I came to a complete stop at a stop sign. For no apparent reason, the air bag light came on and stayed on. I consulted with the manufacturer dealer where the vehicle was purchased. The dealer claimed there was no recall for the Nitro air bag when in fact Chrysler mini-vans were under recall for a clock spring which is probably the same part used in the Nitro. Took it to the dealer and was told is could be several things beginning with a switch in one seat. Replaced the switch and the light is still on. These parts are $200-400 a piece times two seats because both seats activate the air bags sensors. More importantly, no guaranteed that this is a solution to the problem. Basically, dealer is no sure why the air bag light is on. Called Chrysler customer car they had no answers plus I was told anyone that could help me would require a 24 hour time lapse before they would actually call me back. Clerk on the other end of line was asking me what should they do for me to fix the problem.

- Macomb , MI, USA